[Darkwood-SCA] War of Southern Aggression/Darkwood-Tarnmist War

kat at mbay.net kat at mbay.net
Wed Nov 19 21:13:55 PST 2003

Okay folks; it's Shameless Plug time!

For those of you still undecided about your weekend plans, the War of Southern
Aggression is shaping up to be a great deal of fun; and we poor defenseless
folk in Koenigstadt are really hoping lots of you will come out and rally to
our cause--the cause of WAR!!!

**Please bring water to contribute to the waterbearers.  Please be prepared to
pack out your trash.**

Here's a sneak peek at what you have to look forward to:

1.  YOU WILL BE FED.  The incomparably lovely Lady Muirgheal nic Cord will be
running a soup kitchen during the day on Saturday; and the cost is already
included in your site fee.

2.  YOU WILL BE COMPENSATED.  Mercenary pay in the form of cookies are cooling
on my counter as I write this.  There is a *rumor* that a private donor may
bring a keg of frosty beverage to share with attendees over 21; but that is
unconfirmed and certainly entirely unconnected to anyone responsible for this
War.

3.  THERE WILL BE LOTS OF FIGHTING.  Planned scenarios include but are not
limited to:

     - Capture the Baron battle
     - Beach/Cliff Battle
     - Three-Wave Castle Battle
     - Getaway or Loot Battle (Woods)
     - Capture the Flag Battle (Woods)
     - Meatgrinder Bridge Battle

Missile combat and thrown-weapons combat will be welcome in almost every
scenario.  This will *not* be an Alden-style war, but neither will it be hours
of hurry-up-and-wait.  Baron Erick and Baron Achmere both want lots of fighting
and fun for everyone.

4.  THERE WILL BE CAMPING.  Fires will be allowed; and it's not supposed to
rain (as of this morning, Saturday's forecast was "sunny."  Weather will be in
the 40s at night; so wear layers.

5.  THERE WILL BE BARBECUING.  For those of you staying Saturday night; please
join Baron Erick and Baroness Liesl for a BYO-Meat Barbecue and Potluck on the
battlefield.

6.  THERE WILL BE PARTY.  Hey, this is Darkwood, after all.

**Please bring water to contribute to the waterbearers.  Please be prepared to
pack out your trash.**

This has been a public service announcement from the Canton of Koenigstadt.