[brucemem] Program Update

Laurie Becker laurel at beckerhead.com
Thu Jan 24 13:00:57 PST 2008

Greetings,

It's looking like anything "fancy" is expensive. Here's pricing:

Tri-fold (MPress Digital) (in the spirit of the holiday card we
checked out at last meeting)
Approx. 5.5 x 5.5" folded
4 color
Print 300
$719  MPress Digital

Half fold Brochure (MPress Digital)
5.5 x 8.5" (folded)
Print 300
4 color
$563

Conclusion: MPress is fast, not cheap.

Half fold Brochure (PSPrint)
5.5 x 8.5" (folded)
Print 250
4 color
$260
That is with a five day turn, plus tax and shipping. I may be able to
get a better break on this (maybe 10%) and get it faster, if I
qualify for their new reseller program. I have the paperwork in
motion as I'll use them for other projects. This may be the best
pricing if I can get the faster turnaround by being a reseller.

Half fold Brochure (Kinkos)
5.25 x 8.25" (folded) Smaller size due to trimming for a bleed 4 sides.
Print 250
4/4 (Color 2 sides)
$280

4/1 (Color one side, b&w one side)
$164

1/1 (Black and White only)
$45.

What I need:
1. Nail down printer.
2. More Bruce photos.
3. Any Bruce art (album covers, etc.)
4. Program content (Bio, scheduled program, special thanks, whatever
else, websites?...)
5. Toaster art.

I won't know what I'm doing until I get the printer nailed down and
content. If we go the B&W route, I'll likely make the program with
less images due to the reproduction quality. But the more I have to
work with the better it'll be!

When I need it:
Now!
Again, depending on printer and their turnaround time, will determine
how fast I need to put this together. If I don't get the content,
we'll need to print locally (Kinkos).

Thanks, Laurie
252-2225