[brucemem] Musician Wrangler

Laurie Becker laurel at beckerhead.com
Mon Jan 14 15:59:03 PST 2008

I've emailed Daryl Wise but have yet not heard back from him and am
wavering in my confidence he'll pull through. However, I have a
couple other experienced folk I'm happy to hit up for the Musician
Wrangler job, but I'd like to make sure I know what the job entails
to make sure we get the right person. We're anticipating that "some"
musicians will show and will want to perform, yes? And the musicians
would need a point person to ensure:

Their equipment and instruments are safely stored;
Equipment (PA, mikes, etc.) needed to perform are in place and ready
for performing;
They know when and where they're performing;
Musician quibbles are kept to a minimum;
Make sure no one indulges too much before performing. ;^>

Anything else? Let me know how to proceed.

Who will initially be contacting the musicians?

Thanks, Laurie

P.S. On the Cocoanut Grove time slot, how much time is available to
come early and set up? Would they supply a PA system?