On March 10th, 1985 I landed in the emergency room as a result of a rocket
experiment gone wrong.
The engines were made by my friend Luke, and consisted of polyurethane +
ammonium perchlorate fuel in pipe casings.
We first tried to ignite the engines on March 9th; the first batch of pictures
are all from that day.
It turned out that the battery in the igniter was too low to function properly.
We returned the following day with a fresh battery.
On that day, as I connected the igniter to the first engine, it malfunctioned
and ignited the engine prematurely, and the engine immediately exploded,
injuring my hands and arm.
There are no pictures from that day.
The second batch of pictures are from a few days after the accident.