[Unitedwespeak] Summary of District 4 Spring Conference

Bob Sipp bobsipp at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 10:44:11 PDT 2005

To all:

I attended the spring District 4 conference this past
weekend.  However, since I did not attend any division
contests, I'm not sure which division the winners were
from.  Although I think I did identify the Division E
International winner.  He spoke well, but did not win.
 Both contests were outstanding.

Contest Results:
International Speech
1. Ray Simon "Crackle Caper"
2. Duncan Fife "Talk About Success...!"
3. Brian Williams "Chickens and Hogs"

Table Topics
1. Ganesh Balamitran
2. Jeanne Gibson
3. Wayne Kuschel

International Director Ken Garber gave a couple of
presentations, including one explaining the rationale
behind the dues increase.  There current International
President's letter regarding the dues increase is on
the District 4 web site at
http://www.d4tm.org/Documents/Dues_Inc_Memo.pdf

The realignment of clubs was approved as amended.
United We Speak and Everybody Speaks will remain in
E5.

Our new District Governor is Dolores Bergen.  Ellison
Barnes did not run for Lt. Gov. of Education and
Training.  New Lt. Gov. of Education and Training is
Ken Cawley.  Rose Renwick is the new Lt. Gov. of
Marketing.  Public Relations Officer -- well, ok, I
don't remember this one.

That's all.  Hope to see you this Friday.

Bob