[SlideCube] Problems with a AF70

John H. DuBois III spcecdt@armory.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:36:44 -0800

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:26:20PM -0500, marcgyver wrote:
> My Projector AF70 douse not rotate the slide carousel.
> When I try to advance or reverse (with or without slides;
> with the platform up or down) the projector does not release and
> rotate the carousel. It only vibrates (with a load buzz) the pin
> that holds the carousel in position.
>
> Has anyone had the same experiance?
> Is this actuator/pin replacable?
> Are these symptoms related to a broken gear wheel?

No, it's not related.  For some reason the solenoid is not pulling the pin out.
There are many possible causes: the solenoid may be dead, a linkage may be bad,
or any of numerous parts may be sticking (the shutters would be at the top of
my list of suspects).

	John
--
John DuBois  spcecdt@armory.com.  KC6QKZ/AE  http://www.armory.com./~spcecdt/