[OpenCM] prep project as baseline

pradeep.george at philips.com pradeep.george at philips.com
Fri Jun 6 07:19:32 PDT 2003

We do use prep projects as baselines, we call these baselines the BASE
project, they are reconfigured to the baseline of whichever release we
would like to use.
For the prep baselines to show up in the baseline select dialog, you need
to set the "allow_prep_baselines" keyword to true.

One problem I see here is the reconfigure templates, only CMSynergy 6.3
allows prep baselines in reconfigure templates, the previous versions do
not.

Also, remember to use different 'project purpose' for the prep projects B
and C which are for the same release, otherwise you'll run into problems
with 'products' and 'subprojects' because those will be associated to the
same automatic tasks.

Regards,
Pradeep

mohan_tarole at chennai.tcs.co.in