[OpenCM] Parallel warning message

Callari, Susan susan.callari at hp.com
Tue Aug 12 11:40:36 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Hoping someone has a good solution to what I would think is a typical problem.  Let's say we start two releases, stemming from the same baseline project.  The two releases are not related to each other in any way, at least not for a long while.  In other words, tasks for one release will not be added to the other release, and vice versa.  This situation is going to create a lot of parallels.  Everytime someone checks out a file for the second release, it is creating a parallel.  At that point, the paralllel warning message pops up, as expected.  So my question is, how do we resolve this parallel, or at least get rid of the warning?  If a warning pops up all the time, the developers will get used to it and we don't want them to get conditioned to ignore the warnings.  Any ideas what to do here?  Is there some other recommended process so that we don't get parallels in the first place?

Second question, does anyone know what happened to the CM Synergy yahoo group?  I thought it got merged with cmresource.info, but that page is not available.

Thanks!

Susan