[joe-frank-list] 'Another country, part 3' - the deleted part

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 05:24:30 PDT 2022

	Someone who recorded 'Another country, part 3' off the air in
1986 tells me it has about 8 minutes of additional content.  Instead
of starting with Protagon and Ali returning from the Peacock cafe we
get more of Protagon's family life.
	The first segment is about how his stepfather always tried to
be cheerful, is nearly identical to the segment of 'Karma memories'
that begins at 39:40, except he tells it in third person and refers to
'his stepfather' instead of Freddy.
	The next segment is similar to a portion of 'Karma memories'
starting at 7:10 about Protagon getting back at his mother for being
mean to his stepfather.
	The third segment is nearly identical to the portion of 'Karma
memories' that begins at 48:00, about his stepfather playing with the
kids at family gatherings, having them abuse his good nature.
	The fourth, fifth, and sixth are the same as segments at
49:10, 50:00, and 50:50 in 'Karma memories'.
	The last segment is a condensation and extract of the segment
of 'Karma memories' that begins at 34:00.
	Philip Glass's 'Facades' plays as background.

	I should have noticed that first 2 segments of 'Another
country, part 1' are nearly identical to segments of 'Karma memories'
that begin at 37:40 and 34:00, except that they're in the third person
and the narrator talks about 'his father' instead of Freddy.  Note
that the narrator talks about 'his father' in 'Another country, part
1', about 'his stepfather' in 'Another country, part 3'.

russell bell