[joe-frank-list] The song in 'Another country, part 1', 24 minutes along

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:38:12 PDT 2022

	I assumed it was Arabic, but the Arabs on Reddit told me it
wasn't.  One said it sounded like Tamazight.  A Redditor on
r/Tamazight told me it was Kabyle.  Redditors on r/AmazighPeople
confirmed.  It's 'Thilemzith thevgha atsazhu' from the 'A Yemma' album
by Djurdjura, a group of 3 young women.  An Amazigh Redditor told me
that it means that young women want to have fun - they're Algerian
Cyndis Lauper.
	I clipped the song from the album, uploaded it
https://youtu.be/xIX3CPflo9g .  The whole album is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFK6QWaavXA

	The character Ali, Naim's lover when the protagonist shows up,
is from Algeria.  I think Joe's use of an Algerian pop song is only
coincidental.

russell bell