[joe-frank-list] 'Karma, don't deny me'

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:25:20 PST 2022

	This episode is 70% recycled material; only the first segment
and last 2 appear first (or at all) in Joe's shows.

	Larry tells of a neighbor, Shirley, who believes in
evidence-free medical 'conspiracy theories', astrology, spiritual
healing; Larry gets angry and banishes her from his home.  Larry
challenges spiritual healers visiting her to treat his dog.
	8:20: Jack Kornfield talks about how we ignore the goodness of
our hearts. (originally aired in 'Karma, part 3')
	9:20: Mike Meloan tells of meeting an Indian palm reader.
When Meloan won't pay him the fee he wants, he yells, 'Don't deny me!'
(originally aired in 'The nature of things')
	14:50: Jack Kornfield talks about dealing with difficult
situations by imagining that Jesus/Buddha/Mary shows up to take
over. (originally aired in 'The nature of things')
	20:50: Joe tells of his job teaching at a private school in
NYC, including Kim and their unfortunate date.  (originally aired in
'Pretender')
	40:30: 'The Earth is 1 of 9 planets that revolve around the
sun...'  Joe describes the vastness of space.  (originally aired in
'Cocktails before dinner')
	42:10: A drunk harasses Joe's date.  (originally aired in
'When she's asleep, she looks like an angel')
	45:20: Joe observes how small things look from an airplane,
contrasts that perspective to how the city appears on the land,
comments on the ephemerality of life.  (originally aired in 'He
hesitated')
	47:50: Jack Kornfield quotes Longfellow
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wadsworth_Longfellow) , 'If we
could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each
man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.' (from
the 'Table-Talk' section of his collected prose), urges upon us
loving-kindness.
	56:00: Larry tells a joke about a faith healer.

	http://jfwiki.org/index.php?title=Karma_Don't_Deny_Me

russell bell