[joe-frank-list] 'Red sea - a compilation'

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 05:29:49 PST 2022

	This episode is 100% reused material, first from 'White moon'
(13 minutes), then 'Just get me out of here' (26 minutes), then 'Red
sea' (20 minutes).

	Joe recounts when he was invisible.  He wrapped his head in
gauze.  He lost his job as bank teller.  (originally aired in 'White
moon')
	6:20: Joe (still invisible) took a vow of silence.  He
gradually stopped understanding words.  He hired hookers.  He joined a
Buddhist monastery in Idaho, but they wouldn't let him stay because of
the gauze.  (originally aired in 'White moon')
	9:50: Joe tells God how much they've been through together,
how well they understand each other, looks forward to getting together
again on Sunday, wonders why their relationship's faltering.
(originally aired in 'White moon')
	13:30: Joe recounts when he had a breakdown, was committed to
mental hospital on a ship.  (originally aired in 'Just get me out of
here')
	22:50: Joe talks about the relationship between erectile
tissue and pollen, a conference in Prague, the use of pyribenzamine (a
legitimate antihistamine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripelennamine)
as an aphrodisiac, its side-effect of promoting memory.  A physician
and his assistant, lovers, come dressed as a nose and a swab, get into
a fight; the physician kills the assistant.  (originally aired in
'Just get me out of here')
	28:50: Joe recounts troubled flight to Lima for an expedition
to dig in Mayan ruins (Mayans didn't live in Peru.)  Celia Brown, a
beautiful young woman in the crew, comes to his room at night, is
obsessed with him; she speaks to him in German.  He takes
pyribenzamine, which reminds him of seeing his mother with a lover as
a child, gets sick, faints.  (originally aired in 'Just get me out of
here')
	36:10: Sweet nothings in German.  (originally aired in 'Just
get me out of here')
	39:40: Joe tells of a rabbi's wife who sleeps with everybody
else in town.  When the rabbi confronts her, she takes offense, packs
her stuff and leaves.  (originally aired in 'Red sea')
	45:50: Joe tells of a hermaphrodite and eunuch who share a
hotel room.  The hermaphrodite happily makes love to itself; the
eunuch reads and goes for walks.  They disapprove of each other.  The
eunuch buys a ticket to Minsk; the rabbi's wife gets on the train.
(originally aired in 'Red sea')
	49:20: : Joe asks what we learn from this story, offers parody
morals.  (originally aired in 'Red sea')
	50:30: A cantor sings prayers over 'Go faster' (originally
aired in 'Red sea')
	54:40: '10 x 10' by 808 State (originally aired in 'Red sea')
	55:50: Joe describes what's on the Red Sea, including crews
from Harvard and a yeshiva.  (originally aired in 'Red sea')

	http://jfwiki.org/index.php?title=Red_Sea_(A_Compilation)

russell bell