[joe-frank-list] the veracity of the first story from 'Insomnia'

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 05:34:28 PST 2022

	Quoth professor ned, 'I've always wondered about the veracity
of this story. IIRC Theo addresses it briefly/obliquely in the film?'
	I take it as untrue.  It would be a mean story to tell.
$1,000 isn't enough to hold a grudge over (I've let larger debts go
and I can't afford to live in Santa Monica, could never afford to live
north of Montana, didn't own a car.)  I don't think Joe spat on him in
'In the dark' either.
	I don't count on the rest of the stories Joe tells on himself
in this episode to be true: stuffing himself at the party and farting
(I'd leave); using an out-of-order toilet; asking the woman at the
carwash if he should trade his house for his maid's because she tips
$5 to his $2 - these sound like ideas Joe had but didn't act on.
Other stories: killing himself, attacking someone at KCRW - he just
imagined.

russell bell