[joe-frank-list] 'When I'm calling you'

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Fri May 28 05:40:14 PDT 2021

	'None of us has escaped the injuries and indignities of
growing up; all of us bear the scars of that process...' Joe says we
can turn our psychic pathologies into something beautiful through
psychotherapy.  Then he describes why people are turning to
psychotherapy by phone: it avoids the burden of traveling, removes the
distractions of the office, other patients, the psychotherapists'
quirks...
	6:20: He calls 'tele-counsel of Los Angeles' (apparently
fictional), gets a humorous phone message, apparently chooses '9', for
depression, gets a recorded message from Dr Jerome Nierenberg (sp?),
who's busy.
	8:10: A woman (Laura Esterman?) tells a story about a dream.
She's in a room with a bunch of men who talk about politics.  She
tells them it's really about a cow thrown over a cliff, which
represents the way men treat women.  John, a guy (this is a group
therapy session), says that he's unsympathetic, that women have all
power.  A second guy (Larry Block) sees both of their points of view.
The therapist asks another woman, Stella, what she thinks.  Others
participate.
	19:20: Joe talks about audio Rorschach tests, plays some
audio clips for us to react to.
	21:20: Donald tells Joe he's obsessed with this woman.  Joe
asks Donald questions about her.
	22:20: Joe asks philosophical questions: 'What is truth?',
'Where is god?'..., tells us that questions don't matter.  Donald
chimes in.
	23:20: Joe asks Donald if this woman doesn't give him a
heightened sense of life, suggests he express himself.
	25:00: Joe describes therapy by FAX.
	26:30: 'Neurosis is the sprung tourniquet on the hemorrhage of
feelings...' Joe makes a series of metaphors for neurosis.
	27:00: 'There is no permanence, nothing is forever...' Joe
tells us that if we accept nothing we will have everything.

	http://jfwiki.org/index.php?title=When_I%27m_Calling_You

	'Phone therapy', http://jfwiki.org/index.php?title=Phone_Therapy
is 'When I'm calling you' followed by 'Hotline', http://jfwiki.org/index.php?title=Hot_Line

russell bell