[joe-frank-list] Chanting with Debi Mae West

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 07:23:29 PST 2021

	In 'Karma, part 4' Joe says, 'I also know a woman who's a
chanter - you know: nam-myoho-renge-kyo nam-myoho-renge-kyo - and what
does she chant for?  Money.  Success in her foundering career as an
actress.'
	In 'Silent Sea' Debi Mae West says 'I'm a chanter - a Buddhist
type' to achieve World Peace.  She also says she's 'been chanting for
14 years'.
	She says she chants to become 'this singer that I've always
dreamed of being' in 'Emptiness'.
	In 'Where will it End?' at a party she says, 'we're like
holding on to each other and we're bouncing up and down and we're like
I'm teaching him how to chant and we're like laughing and screaming
nam-myoho-renge-kyo the music's blasting and they were just blasting
out loud and he's like wow it's so cool', and 'I really wanted to call
[the cute guy she met at a party] - and literally within like 2
minutes the phone rings... I couldn't pick it up because we were
writing a little more chanting so after we finished doing the book of
prayers that we recite and we were just chanting nam-myoho-renge-kyo I
decided to go check my messages because sometimes my agent calls me
from New York at that time and I was waiting for a booking... and - lo
and behold! - it was him'
	In 'Fire and ice' Malcolm tells her how great it is that she
chants.

russell bell