[joe-frank-list] 'Pull my daisy'

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 04:25:37 PDT 2020

	Joe closes 'Bottle for a headstone' with 'Pull my daisy'.
	Originally it was a poem written by Allen Ginsberg, Jack
Kerouac and Neal Cassady, one writing the first line, another writing
the second, and so on, each person only being shown the line before.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull\_My\_Daisy\_(poem)
	Robert Frank made a short film using it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12rctV5Z84
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull_My_Daisy
	David Amram set it to music. Joe uses the version from David
Amram's album "No More Walls"; the featured vocalist is Lynn
Sheffield. I think she puts real feeling into it - which she had to
manufacture - I can't find any in the words or
movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOiFuP0bncM
	There's a fun live performance video filmed at 'Beyond
Baroque':
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJKjF8QPjtU a venue in Marina
del Rey that Joe could have been to. (I've been.)

	Amram talks about making the film in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS-jBXxlieI

russell bell