[joe-frank-list] Mike Fremuth

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:34:46 PDT 2018

	'Goodbye' included Mike Fremuth's eulogy of his friend Jim.
	In 'Why I don't love you anymore', 10 minutes in, Joe tells
about Mike & he picking up a girl at the Childe Harold, a bar in
Washington http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/06/AR2007110602370_pf.html

	Mike was a Princeton graduate, had pitched in the minors, then
went to Harvard law school.  'He went on to play in the Philadelphia
Phillies farm system... but he smoked too much dope, he didn't take
his career seriously enough... eventually quit baseball and went to
Harvard law school...  He'd been working at a law firm in Washington
for 9 years.'  If you have forgotten the story I recommend listening
to it again; it's 3 minutes.
	Mike Fremuth pitched for Princeton: https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1967/4/15/baseball-team-faces-princeton-should-triumph/
and in the minors:  https://www.nytimes.com/1973/04/02/archives/baseball-transactions.html  and
http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/greatest-reading-philliesfightin-phils-no1-mike-schmmidt

before he went to law school: https://www.andrewskurth.com/news-GeneralDynamicstoAcquireVeridianCorpfor1.html
and https://www.antitrustinstitute.org/sites/default/files/attendees2011.pdf

	Mike Fremuth eulogized his friend James Taylor Adams
https://princeton1969.org/page/memorials.

russell bell