[joe-frank-list] Fourgonnette?

Robert (Sandy) Noyes boojum at charter.net
Sun Sep 10 21:02:50 PDT 2017

Frank -

How is that project car Fourgonnette coming along with its beefy BMW
engine?  Leaving it unrestored on the outside with a honking big engine
is what we call a "sleeper."  No one will suspect it as a rocket unless
the exhaust gives it away.  And they will stay that way until you take
off in it.  And it is a great use for the engine out of a crashed
Beemer.  I've seen them on YouTube and they are quick.

The Royal Dutch Duck has had more than 3,500 KM put on it now.  The
engine is fine with the intake valves at 0.006", exhaust the same.  It
runs quite nicely at 110 KPH but Erik has cautioned me that the engine
will last a lot longer at 100 KPH, and so shall it be.  I got my license
plates and as soon as I get the front one attached I will send pics. The
slight tear in the left front of the top has been repaired. My fault
that it was torn.  The charge was USD$20.  Pretty cheap.  A new one is
USD$250 or more.  I'll keep that $230 in my pocket for a while.

I leave on the 25th or 26th for Newportwith my pup, Ace. The next day I
start driving east.  We are going to have some fun.  Thanks for the
car.  I am still loving it to pieces.

Proost vriend

--

				Not my circus