[joe-frank-list] JFWiki status?

Will Irace spblat at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:17:58 PDT 2011

If the community has no objection, and if the Joe Frank team is willing to
continue to allow user-contributed synopsis information, that could indeed
be the best solution. www.joefrank.com/wiki has a nice ring to it. Here, in
my opinion, is what we would need from the JF team to achieve this result:

1) MediaWiki (or another  installed and updated regularly at
www.joefrank.com/wiki, along with its dependencies (PHP, mysql, etc).

2) Sysop privileges provided to a couple of members of the Joe Frank
community (I nominate Beau and Erik Shirokoff, maybe Erik Cameron too) to
customize and manage the wiki's content (and perform the initial import.
These people would be "God" on the wiki section of the site, but would have
no ability to modify other portions of Joe's site. Initially I suspect it
will be necessary to provide Beau with phpmyadmin access, to import the old
database.

3) Someone to moderate user access requests. The prior anti-spam policy is
that to get an account you had to request one from me and then I created it
by hand. I withdraw from this responsibility. Perhaps an e-mail verification
process or a captcha could achieve the same result.

This smells like progress!

--W