[joe-frank-list] name that monologue

Levent Ozgur ghastly_fop at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 05:00:55 PST 2010

That monologue, or portions of it, are in the program "Rose" (I think)

On Mar 3, 2010, at 1:31 AM, Michael Culver <culverm at gmail.com> wrote:

I've got a monologue of Joe's going around and around in my mind and I'm hoping somebody out there can help me identify it. I first heard it in the mid to late 80's as part of a cassette of Joe's material that was a premium for a KCRW contribution.

(Please forgive the way I'm chopping this up as I describe it, I only remember  a few fragments.)

It is about a young woman who lives alone in the San Fernando Valley, her life there in her small apartment. Her lover and their steamy lovemaking. There is a description of her driving on San Vicente or Montana going toward the ocean to her job in Santa Monica. And a description of her love for pot and how she just wished she didn't smoke so much (that's how it ends).

One gets the impression that she's depressed, and the tone is one of sadness, as I remember it. But being from Joe, it is very rich, both in narrative and the details of her life.

Does this ring any bells for anybody?

Many thanks in advance,
Mike in Seattle