[joe-frank-list] Initial small gift sent to Joe on behalf of the List

billmilosz at aol.com billmilosz at aol.com
Sun Jul 23 01:01:26 PDT 2006

Since the Hospital won't let me send flowers, and we're not really sure yet what else Joe might like, I felt I ought to send SOMETHING as soon as practical and save the rest of the money for a gift later on.  I contacted the hospital gift shop and they will send Joe  a copy of Time and Harper's with a little note - they will deliver them Monday.

To Joe Frank from the members of the joe-frank-list at armory.com Many members of the email list have contributed and we had planned to send you a number of bouquets of flowers, but the hospital won't permit flowers! But we had to send SOMETHING now, so you'd know we are all out here hoping for the best for you! We are all hopeful that you'll have a splendid recovery and improved health. Best wishes, Joe.

The gift shop didn't really have anything else that I could imagine Joe Frank wanting.... they have the usual lame  kitsch and knick-knacks, for the most part, and I can't imagine send Joe a coffee cup with a picture of Garfield on it......

About $150 remain in the Joe Frank Get Well fund.....