[joe-frank-list] comedy

Justin Kempton justin at kempton.com
Fri Jul 21 09:40:27 PDT 2006

One of the great insights within the book 'Stranger in a Strange land'
was when the Martian finally understood comedy, realizing that it was
sad truth as a common understanding between brothers. There is a
relieving quality of good humor, the kind where you can see yourself in
the same state as the person telling the story. Jack Kornfields work
often depicts this. When I hear Joe and Larry, I often find that quality
as well.