[joe-frank-list] Re: joe-frank-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 1

BILLMILOSZ at aol.com BILLMILOSZ at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 21:34:52 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/5/2005 8:43:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
majestic_cheese at yahoo.com writes:

> her dippy West-Coastism
>
> What did you think she'd look like?

I thought she'd be younger.  Like 20-something.  Of course, maybe she IS 27-
all that sun turns even young skin into leather.* (Actually she's 41)  I also
pictured someone more trendy-stylish, and someone with a few visible
piercings, some outrageous dress items, etc. More flamboyance.

*When I (briefly) lived in Orange County I was amazed at how many people
looked like old tobacco pouches- their skin absolutely like alligator leather from
cigarettes, sun and drinking. All the neighbor ladies, laying out by the pool
every day, looked like the Marlboro Man and had voices like Lou Rawls.