[joe-frank-list] RE: Music

Will Irace spblat at gmail.com
Tue May 17 00:02:51 PDT 2005

Ah, but that's the great thing about a wiki! Anyone can make it so!

As the www.jfwiki.org proprietor, let me extend this open invitation
to everybody to join us and assist in assimilating whatever content
seems appropriate (provided we're not trampling on anyone's rights).

It's a small but very friendly community over there inside the wiki.
Anyone looking for help getting started as a wiki contributor is urged
to get in touch, or ask a question on our "public chatter" page:

http://jfwiki.org/index.php/JFWiki:Village_Pump

In fact, now that we have a page with a synopsis for pretty much every
show, my personal feeling is that a detailed inventory of music used
on the programs would be a terrific next step; it's a subject that
interests me greatly.

In fact, I have opened a discussion on the wiki on this very topic so
we can get started:

http://jfwiki.org/index.php/JFWiki_talk:Music

What's on my mind initially is this:

1) Should www.jfwiki.org attempt to be a comprehensive resource for
identifying music on JF programs? (I think the answer is yes.)
2) Are there existing resources on the web that already do this to
some extent? (again, yes.)
3) Would the owners of those resources be willing to let
www.jfwiki.org shamelessly reproduce and try to improve upon their
painstaking research? (This is the question I feel needs the most
attention as we begin to consider this.)
4) Assuming we move forward, how should this content be incorporated
into the wiki?

Cheers,

--W