[joe-frank-list] recording techniques/legal issues, etc

David Smith gofishorfigure at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:41:59 PDT 2005

I second that notion. I have thought a lot about recording people/friends gathered around telling each other stories, or just having good conversations in general (hours and hours, over days, weeks, months, years, or whatever) and then editing them (the best parts) to cool music. Not quite like a DJ using small samples to make a song, and not as elaborate as Joe's cast of actors improvising, but somewhere in-between. Oh, and a little more random, abstract, and less formulaic than "This American Life". Maybe there is something there, maybe not. I must admit that is one part of the reason I started "The Los Angeles Joe Frank Collective" as perhaps a vehicle to that end. No hidden mics (btw)! Who knows. Any other ideas out there amongst our fellow frankophilian listites.

David Smith
http://joefrank.meetup.com/

  I, for one, am very interested in the process and making my own radio-ready broadcast.
  Darwin