[joe-frank-list] After Hours

bewareofdog at mac.com bewareofdog at mac.com
Sun Jul 24 16:27:35 PDT 2005

Beau-  EXACTLY.  I also started looking last night. Wouldn't there be
some record of a lawsuit to be found somewhere?  And I imagine any
sort of controversy surrounding a successful Martin Scorsese film
would be talked about in the press, hence leaving some trail on the
internet?

Larry Dunn-  I just find it hard to believe that JF would agree to
settle and allow someone else take credit for his work... especially
considering the accolades that Minion received for his "very clever
script"  That paycheck would have to be pretty f--king fat.  Besides,
as I understand it, plagiarism is not something a writer takes
lightly.  And as Erik Shirokoff mentioned,  why would Minion market
his original screenplay with the very same title as Joe's show (Lies)?

Now if Larry Block did begin working with Joe before "After Hours"
was filmed and produced, but after the show "Lies" had aired, then
Mr. Block may know something he isn't talking about.  Enquiring minds
want to know.

Levent-  If we are to accept the possibility that Joseph Minion is in
fact Joe Frank, then lets take a quick look at the name Minion.
Which means "an underling of a powerful person"  hmmm...  I watched
some of Minion's other films... "Vampire's Kiss" and "Motorama"  and
while not as well directed as "After Hours" they are both dark,
comedic tales reminiscent of JF's  style.  Merely the work of an
enamored sycophant, or are there more sinister forces at work?

Given the fact that the original "No Show" where Joe discusses this
issue is currently unavailable on the website,  I would like to
petition joefrank.com to include the unedited version of the show in
this months offering.  I believe some of us would very much like to
revisit that episode, as well as those of us who were not fortunate
enough to have heard it before.