[joe-frank-list] Joe Frank heard on the radio in Chicago 24 hours aday?

Matthew Shepherd matthewshepherd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 03:44:08 PDT 2004

If you enjoy it, I suggest you stop mentioning it to other people right now.
It sounds like somebody is running a microtransmitter for their own
listening pleasure and the signal is bleeding out. A guy in the
administrative offices of the university I used to work at did that -- he
bought an old transmitter from a drive-in movie theatre, hooked it up to a
100-CD changer full of classical music, and everyone in the building tuned
in all day.

This is the sort of thing that the CRTC (or the FCC for you folks) usually
doesn't worry too much about, but if it's drawn to their attention they're
obliged to go all Pump Up The Volume on people.

- Matt
http://www.man-man.org

>From: Jargonym at aol.com
>To: joe-frank-list at armory.com
>Subject: [joe-frank-list] Joe Frank heard on the radio in Chicago 24
hours aday?
>Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:14:27 EDT
>
>I've recently been listening to a radio station in Chicago, 87.9 FM,
which is
>playing Joe Frank material around the clock-  Joe Frank and only Joe
Frank
>shows for 24 hours a day! .... no announcements, no station IDs, and you
can
>only hear them in certain parts of the North Side, basically from about
Addison