[joe-frank-list] Joe Frank heard on the radio in Chicago 24 hours aday?

Beau Gunderson beau at nwcr.net
Tue Oct 26 20:07:18 PDT 2004

I looked up 87.9 and found some interesting stuff; it could be a class D
educational station or it could be a pirate station because 87.9 as a
regular licensed channel only exists in four cities (Chicago not being one
of them)

I know there are mini-broadcasting accessories for Ipods and other MP3
players (and that they can be modified to provide a higher-power output) .
It sounds like either that or a more traditional pirate station (although
probably still involving a computer if they have a ton of episodes-they used
to be traded quite frequently as mp3s)

Looks like there are other nearby 87.9 stations too:

http://www.radio-info.com/mods/board?Post=279917
<http://www.radio-info.com/mods/board?Post=279917&Board=chicago>
&Board=chicago

http://www.mindspring.com/~ttmdoc/FM_Chcgo_Scan.htm