[joe-frank-list] Joe Frank heard on the radio in Chicago 24 hours a day?

Jargonym at aol.com Jargonym at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 18:14:27 PDT 2004

I've recently been listening to a radio station in Chicago, 87.9 FM, which is
playing Joe Frank material around the clock-  Joe Frank and only Joe Frank
shows for 24 hours a day! .... no announcements, no station IDs, and you can
only hear them in certain parts of the North Side, basically from about Addison
on the south to Touhy on the north, with Lake Michigan on the east and almost
to Harlem on the west, at least I could hear them in some places in that area
as I drove around - I'm a taxi driver in Chicago.

The audio quality is very good and it's GREAT having Joe Frank on at just the
twist of a dial. (It also reminded me to get my tickets for Joe's performance
here on Friday...)

So far I haven't heard any programs repeat.

This is a mystery! There's been no announcements or on-air explanation of
what it is.  Whatever it is, it's GREAT!

Anybody else out there on Chicago's north side that can hear this at 87.9 on
FM?