[joe-frank-list] Joe Frank/Larry Block Feud

BILLMILOSZ at aol.com BILLMILOSZ at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 00:37:02 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/19/2004 9:03:50 PM Central Standard Time,
KJHISLIP at aol.com writes:

> So, I'm hoping that this was some sort of prank.  Does anyone know if
> they're
> truly antagonistic?

Joe Frank is known for doing things on the radio where there's ambiguity
about it being real or part of "the art."  That ambiguity is a fascinating aspect
of theater or performance: what is real, and what is an act?

I didn't hear the WFMU thing in question, but I'm willing to side with those
who thought it was part of the performance.  Larry Block IS an actor, after
all.  It wouldn't surprise me that he could convince a listening audience that
he was being sincere.....