[joe-frank-list] NEWS! Joe on WBEZ Chicago

BILLMILOSZ at aol.com BILLMILOSZ at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 00:43:21 PDT 2004

In a message dated 4/29/2004 5:32:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
contact at joefrank.com writes:

> Joe's show will be airing weekly on WBEZ Chicago starting May 16th - Sunday
> mornings at 11:00 following Harry Shearer's Le Show:

Hi

Hooray! As a Chicagoan I am really glad to see this.  I've had several email
discussions with Torey Malatia (who runs WBEZ ) where I've tried to persuade
him to air more Joe. I always had a sense that Torey was sympathetic to Joe's
work, and I'm glad to see they put Joe back on.

This EMAIL from JoeFrank.Com makes a mistake I think.  Harry Shearer's Le
Show is on at 11 PM  not AM.  At midnight they've got Ken Nordine's WORD JAZZ
and it's a natural spot to put Joe Frank in at 11 PM between Le Show and Word
Jazz.

Let's hope that this becomes permanent and in fact that the relationship
deepens- I hope WBEZ can encourage, or even sponsor, Joe to do new material.

Bill Milosz
Chicago

PS  Check WBEZ's schedule, http://www.wbez.com/schedule/schedule.asp

And Joe fans might enjoy listening to some of Ken Nordine's WORD JAZZ things-
not  the same thing but interesting in their own way.  I like the silly humor
that is sometimes present and I like the sound design.
http://www.wordjazz.com/   <= includes streaming stuff.