[inbox] RE: [joe-frank-list] Joe Shows on KPFA

Jeff Stein jeff.stein2 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 04:58:41 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 15:31, Sandy Noyes wrote:
> KPFA does broadcast over the internet and can be found at
> www.kpfa.org. They broadcast in MP3, but of low quality.

Every Sunday night, at 9PM. I never miss it.

I suppose if you wanted to capture Joe's shows while they're streaming,
you could redirect stdout simply enough. I just do an mpg123
http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8000 and run it in the background. Tons of fun!
That is, of course, only possible with the Linux operating system.

Has Joe ever stated his policy on taping and trading his shows? I know
some performers allow and even encourage (notably the late great
Grateful Dead) the taping and trading of their live shows. Myself I
listen online from Joey's website. I have none of Joe's shows on my
computer, as per his request.

Jeff
jeff.stein2 at comcast.net