[joe-frank-list] Mind if I change the subject?

Damon Akins dbakins at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 10:49:19 PDT 2003

I'll weigh in to defend the later work.

There was something dangerous and tenuous about the Larry episodes. More
than just the usual fascination with dysfunction, there was an uncertainty
and immediacy that made them compelling. They were more "real" than his
older material -- more process than product, if that makes sense.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work so well in replay, where the older
monologues do.

Damon