[joe-frank-list] MP3's

g.o.l. geolyons10 at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 14:17:20 PDT 2003

of course MP3 technology compresses audio drastically in most cases.
the best way to preserve/reduce file size of the WAV file (CD AUDIO) is
by compressing to SHN, which is virtually lossless and can be converted
back to WAV/CD AUDIO at any time with (mkwACT tool).  MP3 audio that is
encoded above 192kbps is excellent.  most ears will not hear the
difference.  obviously, the trained ear will notice a difference on the
extreme high & low ends.  an encode of 256kbps or 320kbps is almost
undetectable by most human ears.  I have compressed JOE FRANK shows at
320kbps that sound perfect!  the best site for all these FREE audio
compression tools & info is www.etree.org.  you will find all the
detailed info on digital audio tools you need.  there is a WINAMP SHN
TOOL that will allow your WINAMP player to play the SHN encoded files
(ShnAmp).  I find that most programs that will allow you to rip MP3
audio will give you an option on MP3 quality settings.  choose the
highest setting (normally 320kbps) and give it a listen.  if you are
still not satisfied with the sound quality, then you need to compress no
more than SHN, or simply leave it as a WAV/CD AUDIO file, or disc.
geo