Subject: [HMBHS] Why Lawyers Should Never Ask Certain Questions

From: "Parri Adjoodani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:27:07 -0000

>>
>>  Why Lawyers should never ask a witness a question if they aren't 
>>prepared
>>  for the answer:
>>
>>  In a trial, a Southern small town prosecuting attorney called his first
>>  witness to the stand-a-grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her
>>  and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
>>
>>  She responded, "Why, yes I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've know you 
>>since
>>  you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to
>>  me.  You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk 
>>about
>>  them behind their backs.  You think you're a big shot when you haven't 
>>the
>>  brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit
>>  paper pusher. Yes, I know you.
>>
>>  The Lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across 
>>the
>>  room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?"
>>
>>  She again replied, "Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a
>>  youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He
>>  can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is 
>>one
>>  of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife
>>  with three different women, one of them was your wife. Yes, I know him."
>>
>>  The defense attorney almost died.
>>
>>  The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench, and in a very 
>>quiet
>>  voice, said, "If either of you bastards asks that bitch if she knows me,
>>  I'll throw your sorry asses in jail for contempt."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>The information in this electronic mail message is sender's business
>>Confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the
>>addressee(s).  Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone
>>else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
>>disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be 
>>taken
>>in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>>The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
>>virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message 
>>and
>>its attachments could have been infected during  transmission. By reading
>>the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
>>responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
>>other defects. Galileo International is not liable for any loss or damage
>>arising in any way from this message or its attachments.
>>
>>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® 
Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963