[Darkwood-SCA] Crosston Dance Ball, this Saturday
giguette at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 26 10:27:17 PST 2010
Hi, everyone. Just a reminder:
The Crosston Dance Ball will be held this Saturday, January 28, 2010.
The Shire of Crosston invites you to join us in celebrating the
courtship and wedding of Robin Hood and Clorinda, Queen of the
Shepardesses, in masqueing and dance at the Crosston Dance Ball, held
amid the merry greene fields of England.
The Duchess' Ball at 12th Night was the warmup -- this is the real
thing! ;) More details are available at
* Site opens at 11:30 am
* Dance teaching, 12 noon until 5pm
* Dinner break, 5 pm to 6 pm. A small basic sideboard of food
(donations accepted) will be available, but you are encouraged to form
dinner groups and bring blankets for floor picnicking. There is also a
small back yard available, weather permitting. (If you wish to donate
food, please contact the autocrat before the event.)
* Dancing and drama, 6 pm to 10 pm.
* Cleanup, 10 pm.
* Site closes at 11 pm.
* No fee: site donations welcome, but not required.
* Please note: the site's garb-changing facilities for men are quite
123 Los Gatos Boulevard, Los Gatos, CA 95030 (same site as last year)
Take your best route to Highway 880 (California 17) in Los Gatos, south
of San Jose. Exit at Los Gatos-Saratoga road (exit 20-A) going South.
(From Southbound 17, this is over the freeway.) Take the second right
onto Los Gatos Blvd; site will be on the right in 200 yards.
* Please park on the neighborhood streets. Parking is limited -- please
* Autocrat: Sir John Theophilous, 650 464 7477, johnrschmidt AT yahoo
I hope we see you there!
Seneschal, Shire of Crosston
More information about the Darkwood-SCA