[Darkwood-SCA] Highly Recommended - Oakland Revels

Michael Mckay seaan at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 15 20:51:38 PST 2008

I've recommended the Oakland Revels before, but this year is even better
(for SCA purposes). They chose a different theme each year, and this year
they have chosen Medieval England. Almost every piece is period (and the
rest are "periodiod"), and it is very well performed too. One more weekend
left, and well worth the trip to the Oakland.

The Revels are held at the Scottish Rite Temple (site of 12th nights in
years past) in the wonderful 4th floor theater. Every time I go there, I
just marvel at the acoustics. The wind ensemble sounded great like usual.
One of my favorite performance venues, and a bunch of good period pieces -
what more could you ask for?

http://calrevels.org/

Regards,

Seaan