[Darkwood-SCA] New West Kingdom Arts Championship

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:24:02 PDT 2008

Posted on behalf of the Office of Arts and Sciences (His Majesty said to post it everywhere we could):

Their Majesties, with the aid of their Arts and Sciences officers, will hold an Arts and Sciences Championship, at October Crown. The competition categories are as follows:

instrumental music
armor for people or animals
a research paper (any topic in SCA period, 5-10 pages)
textiles (making, using, etc.)
naughty bits (period baudy or "pornographic" material - pg-13, we're a family show)
ballistics
Rules:
You may enter any number of categories. One item may be used for more than one category. The entries will be scored both under the standard Arts and Sciences competitions scoring, and by a Championship judging panel, consisting of Their Majesties, the Arts and Sciences officers, and the newest member of the Order of the Golden Poppy. Based upon the scores from that panel, the person with the highest total score will be made the new Arts and Sciences Champion.

The Arts and Sciences Champion will be a part of Their Majesties' entourage, process in court, and have other duties as the Crown makes known.