[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Choir practice for Tuesday, Oct. 17, Gilroy

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 16 16:00:25 PDT 2006

Hi, all.  The Darkwood Choir will meet for practice Tuesday, October 17, at Na'arah & Jared's house.  Bring your favorite tea.

*** We welcome newcomers.   :-)

Nov. 4th is the Baroness' Masked Ball/Hawk's Haven Turkey Tourney.  We are practicing up to perform the following pieces that evening:

Pastime With Good Company
O My Hart
Blow Thy Horn Hunter (first 3 verses only)
Beatus vir
Darkwood, the Oak of the West

Time:   Tuesday, October 17, 7:30 - 9:30 pm
Place:  756 Maria Way, Gilroy, CA

Directions:
 From 101 in Gilroy, take Leavesley Road (Hwy 152) west.  Leavesley becomes
Welburn past Monterey road.  Stay on Welburn.  Make a right on Wren Ave
(firehouse).  The 5th street on the left is Maria Way.  Na'arah's house is
the second one on the left.

If you get lost, Na'arah's home phone number is 408-848-5748

NOTE:  there will be no "official" choir practice on October 31, the last Tuesday of this month, because it is Halloween.  HOWEVER, there will be a sort of "unofficial choir practice/trick-or-treat" meeting at Na'arah's house.  What this means is that we will try do some practicing (amid the noise of frequent trick-or-treating visitors at the front door), but those of us who wish to can also spend some time taking one or both of Na'arah's sons trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  SCA garb (or other costume) will be optional, but fun.

See you tomorrow night.

John