[Darkwood-SCA] Heralds' Collegium - directions

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:04:40 PST 2006

For those who are planning on going, the directions and copy are below

Posted by request of Her Excellency, Liesl.

In service,

The Minion

November 19, 2006
Heralds' Fall Collegium
College of Heralds (Suisun City, CA)

It isn't just for heralds anymore. Are you a court member, or a
Head-of-Court?
Might you find yourself in this kind of position? Do you work in an
office that
interacts with the heralds at events? Have you ever wondered why those
who bare
the crossed trumpets do things the way they do? Have we got an event
for you! At
the Fall Collegium, we will be talking about the day to day event
policies and
procedures of heralds. We will talk about the process of doing a court
and
setting up for one, everything from seating and protocols, to
interacting with
the royalty and courtiers, and what those parties should expect from
their
herald. There will also be a post-tourney field heraldry recap with
refreshers
and reminders of what needs to happen. This will be the nuts and bolts
of how
the heralds run and how to run with them.

Site Information: The site is Crystal Middle School, 400 Whispering Bay
Ln.,
Suisun City, CA 94585. The site will open at 8:30 am and close at 5:30
pm. The
site fee will be $5 for member and $8 for non-members, but it may be
waived on
the day of the event. A light breakfast and coffee will be provided.
Lunch may
be provided as well, further details to come in the November Page.

Autocrat: Wilhelm von Homburg / herald(AT)cynagua(DOT)org

Directions: From I-80 - go to Hwy 12 East in Fairfield towards Suisun
City/Rio
Vista. Take Hwy 12 to Marina Blvd and turn south (right). Take Marina
Driftwood Dr and turn west (right). You will see the school's field on
your
left. Take Driftwood to where Josiah Circle allows you to turn left and
enter
the circle. Go about a quarter turn and turn right onto Whispering Bay.
Take
the fourth entrance into the parking; you may park in the Staff Parking
area on
the side of the school.