[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Choir practice for Tuesday, May 30, Marina

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Mon May 29 12:57:01 PDT 2006

   Greetings!  The Darkwood Choir will meet for practice Tuesday, Nov.
29, at
Christophe's place.  Bring your favorite tea.

I would like to take a moment to invite all of you to come sing with us
in the Darkwood Choir.  We truly welcome singers at any level, from
novice to expert -- this is a place for all of us to learn and grow.
 Don't worry if you don't know how to read music.  We need more of all
voice types -- soprano, alto, tenor, and bass -- but we especially need
more men!  I'm a choir master, not a harem master.  ;-)

Right now is an especially good time to give us a try, since we have
just wound up a project and are ready to go on to new things.  The more
people we have, the more interesting are the things we can sing.

The goals of the Darkwood Choir are:
* To nurture a love of Period music and choral singing, and to provide a
place for those of who play with Darkwood to learn and indulge these
joys.  We also sing some non-Period music by Darkwood composers.

* To perform, from time to time, at Darkwood events.  We also, on
occasion, combine forces with the West Kingdom Choir.

* To make our campfires more fun by singing stuff we know, leading the
populace in song. etc.

This week's practice:

Time:   Tuesday, May 30, 7:30 - 9:30 pm
Place:  582 Ingman Ct., Marina

Directions:
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM SALINAS:
Take Blanco Rd. until it ends.
Turn right onto Reservation Rd.
At the second stoplight, turn left onto Imjin Rd.
At the second stoplight (by Ord Market) turn RIGHT onto Abrams.
Take the first left onto Brostrom.
Take the third right onto Ingman.

OTHERWISE:
Make your way to Highway 1.
Just south of Marina is the 12th Street exit:  take that in the
   direction away from the water.
At the 4th stoplight (Ord Market will be on the right), turn
   LEFT onto Abrams.
Take the first left onto Brostrom.
Take the third right onto Ingman.

Christophe is in the first building on the right, upstairs to the left.
Parking is on the street. There's a small lot on the other side of
Brostrom, too.

If you get lost, you can call Christophe at 831-883-4248 or 408-907-2728.

See you there.

John