[Darkwood-SCA] Seeking Cordelia of Diamond Cove

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 18 16:05:55 PDT 2006

Greeting to Darkwood,

For those who were tracking down this individual, the good news is we
have found her :)   She never has lived in Darkwood, so that was a bit
of a red herring.  Fortunately, we were able to trace her through her
heraldic file and a few phone calls at the monthly heralds meeting.
Surprisingly, I actually know the young lady, but not by her SCA name,
as she was a young child when we last met, and it is through her mother
that our acquantance exists.

Contacts have been forwarded to the good gentle seeking permission.
Hopefully a happy ending will ensue.

In Servcie,

Na'arah

> Good My Lord and Ladies -
>
> My apologies for this blanket missive but I would beg a boon
of you  this day.

> I have been embroiled in the process of registering a new
device that conflicts slightly with a gentle who may reside or may have
resided  within either your Canton or its Barony. Her name is (or was)
Cordelia of Diamond Cove (Grove?) and her device was registered in the
WestKingdom in  August 1993 (arms by William Castille). Also, there may
be someconnection with a
> "Cordelia of Cynagua" (a previous incarnation of her name
> possibly?) Her trail seems to end in August of 1993 and I have found
no records of her since then.

> I had thought to check with the Shire of Crosston and Ecorngil

> (formerly
> Vair Couvert), as well, as they also cover portions of Santa
Clara  County but there is no accessible link to those groups from the
West Kingdom website.

> If you do know of this lady, would you be so kind as to put me
in  contact with her? If you know nothing, I would ask if you would put
me in contact with another who might know something of her? Or, at
least let me know if you find nothing on her.

> I sent an earlier request to the Canton of Montaigne du Roi,
as I'd located records that she had lived there at one time. I was told
by
the  Seneschal there that there was a Cordelia that has/had been active
for some time up around the San Jose area but no one he asked
recognized "of
Diamond Cove" as being part of her name.

> I am hoping you can help me locate her as this seems to have
put quite a roadblock between my goal to register this device, which is
similar
> to the one she registered. And, without her permission, I may be out
of  luck. I may be reached at this email address (work) or my home
email, gianettalucia at yahoo.com <mailto:gianettalucia%40yahoo.com> .

> I thank you in advance for any assistance you might give me
with  regards to this matter.

 In Service to the Dream,