[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood's 20th Anniversary Bard

Ann M Morton best_interests at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 5 11:22:09 PDT 2006

We have a website for the Arts & Sciences:  http://69.6.215.98/index.html

  So far, I have not been able to get the Kingdom or the Barony to link to this.
  Marsail

Cassandra Rossignol <cheekymonkey at monkeymanor.net> wrote:
    DARKWOOD'S 20th ANNIVERSARY BARD!!
  Don't forget!:  The Bard of the Oaks Audition will take place this Saturday at the Darkwood Arts & Sciences Tourney to determine my successor.  This isn’t just any year, and my successor won’t be just another Bard of the Oaks. This winter marks the Barony of Darkwood’s 20th Anniversary, and that means the next Bard of the Oaks will also be Darkwood’s 20th Anniversary Bard! (Not the 20th bard, mind you, but the bard who will have the honor of presiding over the barony's 20th Anniversary year!)
  Details and requirements for this year's audition can be viewed at:  http://www.cassandracrafts.com/sca/bardoftheoaks.html.  By the way, we're doing things a little differently this year, so potential entrants really should visit this web page to learn about the new audition format as well as what the job entails.

  The Barony of Darkwood is *very* appreciative of its seasoned entertainers, yet is also extremely supportive patrons and audiences, which makes the role of Bard of the Oaks a great opportunity for apprentices & new bards wanting to stretch their wings in a very friendly and encouraging (and forgiving) environment. I hope to see many new and veteran bards participating at this audition!

  In Service,
 - Cassandra Rossignol
   Bard of the Oaks

PS.  Please feel free to forward or cross-post this announcement as appropriate. _______________________________________________