[Darkwood-SCA] Archery Practice and Bring your War Gear!

Bjorn of Velikiy Novgorod deliriumskid at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 10:06:31 PDT 2006

Hey all,

  I had posted to the Caer Darth Mailing list that I would be "hosting" an archery practice at the DeLavega park on the 3rd Sundays of the month. We had our first practice this month and it happened to fall on the Santa Cruz Archers first annual picnic!! -  but guess what this months 3rd Sunday falls on a war Weekend for Sept... so.. For those of us who cannot attend Ducal ( seems 3 day weekend calls to memories house projects) and since the following weekend is the horse show  - this >>>> Sunday 9/3 <<< is it!  So between 1-2 we will be doing archery practice and then from 2-3+ we will playing with our rattan ( war practice! and /or raprap practice.). Now some of us < pointing at myself > are new and just getting our kit together, but we can still play with the hope of getting authorized in time for WAR!  If you have combat arrows I would be interested in seeing them as I will have my first set hopefully ready for the WAR! ( yes yes plus authorization!).

  If you can make it great!.. If you have information or are part of the Darkwood War Unit (is there one??!) let me know!! Would love to chat with you and understand how this goes.  I will be at fighter practice this thursday ( I think it is thursdays at 730 ish? right?!!! in the parking lot?!)

  Thanks!!
  Bjorn of Novgorod!

  Directions to the range:  Click here for a map of the vicinity.   Coming from Hwy 1 South (Watsonville) take the Morrissey Blvd. exit, and exit to the right (don't follow the overpass to the left). Take Pacheco to Prospect Heights. Turn right on Prospect Heights. At the school you will need to make a left turn to stay on Prospect Heights. Follow Prospect Heights all the way to the end, up the hill at the sharp left turn, and pass through the gate at the end of the road. Follow fire road and make a right at the fork the top of the hill. Follow the fire road down the hill to the Archery range parking lot.   Coming from Hwy 1 North (Santa Cruz, San Jose, Hwy 17, etc.) take the Morrissey Blvd exit. Make a left at the stop sign, and a left at the light (Morrissey), to take you over the freeway. Follow this road as it curves down onto the freeway back north, and take the first exit after the overpass you just went over. This will get you onto Pacheco. Take Pacheco to Prospect
 Heights. Turn right on Prospect Heights. At the school you will need to make a left turn to stay on Prospect Heights. Follow Prospect Heights to the end, up the hill at the sharp left turn, and pass through the gate at the end of the road. Follow fire road and make a right at the fork the top of the hill. Follow the fire road down the hill to the Archery range parking lot.   Please remember that the range is open to the public from noon to 4:00pm, saturdays and sundays. The gates will be locked promptly at 4pm, so please plan your time accordingly.   Another map, courtesy of :
Map of Morrisey deLaveaga area. (shows Prospect Heights up to the gate, but not the fire road).

Good horsemanship is not bought, its earned and is never sacrificed for performance.
-- Bjorn

http://360.yahoo.com/deliriumskid