[Darkwood-SCA] A&S for the Performing Artists

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Fri Aug 18 13:23:13 PDT 2006

Greetings!

Purgatorio is only a week away, and once again I am organizing a
Sunday morning Artisan's Display, this time geared toward the
performing artists of the kingdom, in and around the Arts and Sciences
pavilion.  Singers, storytellers, dancers, contortionists (do we have
any contortionists?) -- who could resist an opportunity to show off?
It's often difficult for these artists to show off their work
uninterrupted, so I'd like to arrange some staged space and a schedule
of performers -- please contact me offlist if you'd like to
participate, and let me know what your performing requirements are and
how long your performance is.  Reminder, please be polite to your
audience and other performers, and don't book a half-hour slot!  :)

Static displays are also welcome, as usual.  Please let me know how
much space you will need, and whether or not you have any special
requirements.  You may
want to consider how to protect your work if it is especially fragile.
  If you  eave items for the static display, please be sure they are
marked with your name and contact info. Documentation is not required,
but is recommended.  A handout with a description of your item, and
how you made it is always  appreciated by the people who stop by for a
look. Notepads and pencils will be provided to exchange contact
information or leave questions or comments, and personal tokens are
encouraged. They don't need to be fancy -- beads or tassels or baggies
of cookies are all equally appreciated.

This is not a competition; this is a chance for you to display your
work (and works in progress) and to schmooze with other artisans of
the kingdom. Artisans of all levels are welcome to participate. Bring
your projects and your questions, show off your work and take the
opportunity to see what others are working on.

The display area will be open at 9:00 a.m. for setup, and the display will run
from 10:00 a.m. to noon.

Please forward this message to other lists as appropriate.

YIS,
Rose de LeMans