[Darkwood-SCA] Fry's Family building a Castle in Morgan Hill

Allan Menefee andar_b at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 16 11:05:47 PDT 2006

Actually, that is a very interesting idea!  The chances of using it for events don't sound too good, but it would be amazing to do so.

I'd probably be moving to my grandfather's ranch in northern CA and building one there, if I ever came upon a windfall big enough.  :)  There are actually several contractors online who specialize in castle building, replacing the period rubble filling the walls with reinforced concrete, waterproof insulation, water pipes, and electric lines.  When I saw some of their work, I was pretty amazed.

Ah the dreams of anachronists... ;)

Allan

WINDSOR61 at aol.com wrote:     Our wonderful friends in Southern Shores have sent us this article.   Isn't it too cool?
 YIS,
 Baroness Liesl

     http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/15276969.htm

The  Fry's Family is building a Castle in Morgan Hill for the Institute
of  Mathematics based on the Alhambra from Spain.

I for one think we should  try to get an event or two held there after it
is  built.

Francisco