[Darkwood-SCA] Duchesses Ball at 12th Night

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:30:06 PDT 2005

Crossposting from westlist.

In service,
Na'arah

Unto the populace of the Kingdom of the West, Vyncent atte Wodegate
sends his greetings.

It is my great pleasure to announce that a Duchesses' Ball has been
planned for the coming Twelfth Night! You may already have heard
whisperings among the Duchesses about this grand event, but allow me
to describe the revel to all who might enjoy such an occasion.
Beginning at approximately eight o'clock, there will be a grand ball
hosted by the Duchesses of the Kingdom, in honor of our new King and
Queen.  There must be dancing, singing, food, drink, and revelry to
celebrate the occasion...and so there shall be!

Not only will there be music for dancing, provided by some of the
finest musicians in the land, but there will be a fine banqueting
table set with all manner of sweets and subtleties; performances by
the Bards of the West and the Principalities, the West Kingdom Choir,
and many other excellent singers and musicians; as well as tables set
aside for playing card games, throwing dice, and conversing with
friends.  Furthermore, we will be reviving the long-neglected
tradition of the King and Queen of Misrule!

It is said that the Duchesses will be quite forthcoming with
invitations to this grand affair, but in the event that you cannot
muster your courage (or your purse) to convince these grand ladies,
fret not.  Instead, contact your local Countess or Viscountess, as it
is widely rumored that they have a supply of invitations designed to
fool even the sharpest of Duchesses.

If you would like to brush up on your dancing before the ball, there
are a few regular dance practices that are well suited to this
purpose, such as the Crosston practice held in San Jose/Menlo Park
and the Darkwood practice held in Morgan Hill/Santa Cruz.  Note that
the music for one of the dance sets of the ball will be performed
exclusively with brass, reed, and percussion instruments.

More details will be announced as Twelfth Night draws nearer.  Please
feel free to contact me for any questions regarding the ball or dance
practices.  Their Graces look forward to the pleasure of your company!

In Service,

Vyncent atte Wodegate

Contact info: torlanswingmeister at yahoo dot com
Please cross post as necessary!