[Darkwood-SCA] No Darkwood Choir practice tonight

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 1 12:15:50 PST 2005

Sorry, there will be NO Darkwood Choir practice tonight:  I am still not
over my cold enough for that.

Since some of you asked about 12th Night:  I had not planned on us
performing on our own at 12th Night.  However, Alessandro and I are both
enthusiastic about the idea of the Darkwood Choir and the West Kingdom
Choir singing some songs together as one big choir.  Tentatively, we are
thinking about a joint effort on the following songs:
   Gaudete  (dead easy)
   Joseph Lieber, Joseph mein (moderate)
   Riu, Riu, Chiu  (easy)
   Vitrum nostrum gloriosum  (dead easy)

I will post music files of these pieces in the Files section of the
Yahoo group.  Listen and tell me what you think.

The West Kingdom Choir is also planning to perform some other pieces
which are much more difficult.  The Darkwood Choir will not join in
performing those, because there simply isn't time for you to learn the
parts.  Among them are:
    Ave Maria, gratia plena
    O plasmator
    Kyrie eleison (Guillaume Dufay)