[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Choir announcements

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 3 11:46:15 PST 2005

Hi, folks.  Hope you all had happy holidays.

1) There will be no Darkwood Choir practice this Tuesday (Jan. 4), since
it seems a lot of us are frantically getting ready for 12th Night while
still trying to recover from the holidays.  We will resume weekly
practices on Tuesday, Jan. 11 (location to be announced).

In the meantime, you can practice "O My Hart", "Pastime With Good
Company", and "The Bell on the Hill" (a round).  Midi files for each
voice part can be found in the "files" section of our Yahoo group site.

2) There are people who want to sing with the choir, but can't ever
attend the regular Tuesday-night practices.  I think we can get them
singing with us in spite of that.  Let's all be thinking about ways we
might work this out, and bring our suggestions to 12th Night, choir
practice, and talk-time during dance practice.  Some suggestions that
have already been made involve a separate practice for the
never-on-Tuesday people, who will then practice with some of the Tuesday
people on some of the Thursdays when dance practice is not held.

3) While we are getting started as a choir, it may be a good idea to
work on some duet pieces, i.e. pieces arranged for only two voice parts.
 This would let us have more people singing each part, which I think
would be a confidence-builder for those who are not comfortable carrying
a part by themselves.  So if any of you know of Period pieces arranged
for two voice parts, please let us know.

See you at dance practice and 12th Night.

John