[Darkwood-SCA] ALERT!!! The Mad Slug Tourney has MOVED!!!!

Ryan Renard enricodifirenze at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 18:45:39 PDT 2004

Alas the College of St. David's has been force to MOVE the MAD SLUG
WARLORD AND PRIZE TOURNEY.  Instead of holding it at UCSC we shall hold
it at Harvey West Park in Santa Cruz.

Details:

The tourney shall still be held on April 18th, 2004.
Site opens at 11 am and closes at 6 pm.
Lists close at 12 noon, fighting begins at 1:00.

The tourney will be held on the sunny fields of Harvey West Park in
Santa Cruz, with plenty of space to BBQ and benches for the
noncombatants. Bring stuff to grill and we'll provide space for it.
(Directions and map below.)

Prizes will be given for non-fighters:

Best in Show will win a $50 Costco gift card!

We are also hosting a Bardic competition.
The theme of the competition is an Ode or Hymn to the Martyred Slug OR
your best St. David's story.

But wait, there's more! We will be choosing Champions in two categories:
Heavy Fighters AND Rapier.
Even if you don't want to become our Champion, you can still win one of
our two prizes for Most Dramatic Death.

A few caveats: This is a dry site and dogs are required to be leashed.

-------------------------------
Directions:

>From Hwy 17 Take the Hwy 1 (N).
Turn Right on to Hwy 9/River St.
Turn Left onto Encinal St.
Turn Left onto Coral St.
Turn Left onto Evergreen St.
We are in the Friendship Garden by the Bay & Overlook BBQ's

Parking should be somewhat plentiful, but avoid marked spaces.
-------------------------------

<http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kIGAQFfdqmtcGtnGGKMcMaoGGSvtX3ZE8vz7EJ3ij-
aXlhFHzL6e95lBRuPda-TyYHX5m6s1g87DSlUT4wf_a7pTLvUUrLUAc2o/Mad%20Slug%20T
ourney%20Poster.jpg> <Here's the Flyer> -
NOTE: It'll take a little while to Load on Slower connections.

For more information contact:

Autocrat/Seneschal:
Enrico di Firenze
enricodifirenze at s...
Uvk6aWrW5135rpVJ-z04RTJSs_o1XcF7IAZZXIaGbpgOZX0jRi9BzVOr2u1JnYY1_qNFrX3P
crz2Fp4YZPw>
cell: (831) 359 8303

Deputy Seneschal:
Edva Bat-Chavah
blueslug at u...
YOEaWBiZivBgk022Bprc0VodB8fnjrABeucFsZuBdweNQdBQw6MO5PVGQS0Zapxo>  OR
evilbananaslug at y...
Hop7c8V9FjQ2B8BOL2DKLPduPKAv7wpSDxhP9dsG_pLxVxRGwHZZcFhE1E7VkOlwJD3DVD7_
63tY>
home: (831) 502 0775

Yours in Service,
Lord Henrico della famiglia Aiello di Sante Croche di Firenze
Seneschal of the College of St. David's